Connection/embodiment. Integration. Unity consciousness.
Yarrow connects. It creates links so that communication can occur between two cells, two nerves or two beings. It looks for the common ground between two forces as it knows this is what will unify. It teaches that polar opposites are but two sides of the same coin and both must be acknowledged and integrated.
Yarrow is a herb of embodiment. Deeply feminine, it teaches us to come into the body and to feel deeply the pleasures and pains of being human. Its astringent action brings us into the body, so we can feel our boundaries and experience the life we came for.
Healthy Yarrow – deep embodiment, a sensation of yumminess throughout the body, the feeling of a full cup. A state of deep connectedness. In this state release happens naturally – we stretch, yawn, sigh or sound. Release happens as its needed, not suppressed or stored for later.
Yarrow helps us integrate all parts of ourselves – shadow side, masculine/feminine. It helps us integrate all emotions whether we like them or not. It is a herb to bring things through the body, to allow all experiences, emotions, feelings to move through the body naturally. It helps us to integrate and allow all rather than avoid or suppress.
- industrious people – on the run from their shadow side, very active and busy so as to keep down what they’re not facing.
- those in survival mode for a long time – exhausted from having to keep going. Big trauma remedy, where there’s no time to process emotions and let them move through as must keep going in order to survive. Can take us back to past events that we were unable to process at the time, in order to integrate them.
- those who are too out there, vulnerable, too connected to other realms, need to come into their body, to feel the boundaries of their skin. In this sense it is a big protection remedy – to be embodied. Astringes us back into the body.
- for those in disconnect – from their bodies, feelings, emotions and the life experience. Not putting two and two together.
- Those too lazy, don’t want to do the work, put in the effort involved to evolve. This is a herb of self discipline. The warrior within. Yarrow is an evolutionary plant that has survived 40 000 years.
Has the ability to tone/astringe the fluids if excessive or nourish and provide when dried out.
Yarrow is the gateway to Unity Consciousness. It can connect us to anything we have been separated from, whether its ourselves or the stars, helping us to remember that all is contained within us.
- major haemorrhagic and wound remedy. Post partum haemorrhage, battle wounds. Long known as ‘herb of battle’, Yarrow was also called Soldiers Woundwort, Soldiers Help, Knight’s Milfoil. Those working through the Yarrow energy are those who are in battle, working through their shit. It may be on the outer battlefield of war or childbirth; or on the inner battlefield of facing your demons/shadow. Yarrow supports and brings strength and discipline while we’re on the battlefield. Achilles was taught by Chiron (wounded healer) to use a piece of the arrow that caused the wound mixed with Yarrow to heal the wounds, and he used this with great success. Yarrow is a big wound healing remedy, stops bleeding, pph, menorrhagia etc.
- Balances blood flow. So will stop bleeding, but will also promote blood flow, remove stagnation (outward upward movement of meditation), so also good for varicosities. Regulates flow of blood. Improves circulation. Plants are intelligent, they can work both ways.
- Yarrow is like the herbal prolactin – the nesting hormone. The hormone that helps us create a lovely soft nest (in the womb too), but it is also the protective hormone – increases vigilance, the lion comes out when babe threatened, this is prolactin. Prolactin also involved with breastfeeding, and Yarrow used when no milk.
- Colds, fevers, flus, upper respiratory infections. Prolonged trauma and immune system down, open to infections. Yarrow, Elder and Peppermint tea when you have a cold or flu.
- Yarrow flower essence to protect from external influences, negative energies, those too sensitive. Brings you back in your body. Yarrow amulets used to be used to protect homes from evil. Helps cleanse, clear.
- Regulates female reproductive system – periods, hot flushes of menopause, endometriosis, fibroids. Yarrow sitz bath for uterine prolapse. Useful to dilate cervix. One of the nine sacred herbs in a womens bundle. Uterine stimulant.